Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Do our pets go to Heaven??

    Recently my family lost our beloved dog, Blackjack, after he was attacked by a stray dog. It has brought the question up in our household as to whether or not our beloved pets enter God's kingdom. Honestly, I hadn't given it much thought, as I had never lost a pet until now. Blackjack had been with us for almost 7 years and he was my dog. He loved the kids, but he was mama's boy. 
As I examine the scriptures today I am pleased to read what the Lord left us in His love letter to us.
Although He left us no for sure answers about the afterlife of our pets, He does indicate that there will be animals in heaven and the new earth. And guess what??? There's only one way to know for sure, go there for ourselves one day. I can promise you that if you haven't believed on Jesus as your Lord, that God raised Him from the dead on that third and glorious day, then you won't make it to heaven to find out. That's harsh, but it is true. The Lord made the plan of salvation so simple, He wrote it perfectly in John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Will you open your eyes and heart to Him?


Wherever you are my sweet Blackjack, rest in peace and know how much you are loved and missed!

3 comments:

  1. Very much enjoyed this Mrs. Taylor! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. I know your sweet Black jack is in heaven together with other pets. I loss also my dog recently and accepting his loss is not easy. After his pet cremation seattle my friend told me that we will see other again in heaven and I'm looking forward to that. I know we will see each other again.

    ReplyDelete